THAI PAD KEE MAO
- 3 tbsp black soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
tbsp canola or peanut oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 pound chicken, torn or shredded (you can also use beef or pork)
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cups fresh
rice noodles, separated
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 small bag frozen snow peas
- 1 small can bamboo shoots
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Chile Sauce*
- Combine black soy, sweet soy, oyster sauce, and fish sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil to medium high in a medium sauté pan and sauté garlic until light brown.
- Toss in frozen snow peas and bamboo shoots
- Add meat and onions folding constantly until the meat is half cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture and basil to pan, and cook for about an additional
3 to 5 minutes
Preparing noodles and serving
- Soak noodles in large pot of hot water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently.You
can bring to a simmer, these cook way faster than pasta Bite a noodle to make sure the noodles are cooked, it should be tender.Then
- Divide noodles onto plates, and top with
mixture from pan.
- Pour Sweet Chile Sauce over the top, to your
- Thai Basil has purple stems. Available in the Asian foods section or produce section of
some supermarkets, and at Asian markets. (Basil not shown in picture)
|WONDERFUL BRUNCH TREAT!
|CLICK TO ENLARGE